Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Mock Introduction

A Mock Introduction

I was born on May 29th, 1985 to two teenage parents, Kenneth Scott and Marcia Lynn. I entered this world, bloody, kicking and screaming as I exited my mother’s womb and here I am now at 25. While I have matured in some small ways, there is one thing that I have in common with the day that I was born and that is the dependency and support of my mother. On that day in 1985, I did not know that my mom was only 17, nor did I understand at the time of my arrival that my mom had dropped out of Braymer C-4 High School because of her unexpected pregnancy. I cannot begin to understand how my mother, in her senior year of high school, an A+ student for that matter, can leave behind her teenage years and embark on a new journey fulfilling her role as wife and mother to my father, Kenneth Scott. The choices my mother made were in no way easy because I, at 25, have never had children. By the time, my mother was 25, she had had me and my three brothers: Aaron, Axle and Alex. I cannot begin to comprehend how dropping out and having me may have affected her even after she had received her GED and now at 43, she is a nontraditional college student who is working toward her associate’s in accounting.

No comments:

Post a Comment