Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Mock Conclusion

A Mock Conclusion
What my mother has endured contributed significantly to her educational experiences. Because she became pregnant at only 17, she dropped out of Braymer C-4 High School to which she received her GED. She is now working toward her associate’s in accounting, which in no way has been easy for her. When she talks to me about her classes, she lights up literally. She is excited about learning and in many ways, she is like me or as I often wonder if she had not became pregnant at 17, would I have been like her since I, too, become excited about learning. She is serious about her studies. She takes all of her courses online and is literally weeks ahead of the rest of the students in her class. She freaks out if she receives a 99 percent on a test score or a paper she has written and it is all that I can do to tell me my mother, “Relax, it’s an A!”  Although she could have easily have aborted me, I cannot honestly say that I would have made the same decision. However who I was at 18 and who I am today are two very different persons. At 18, I only wanted to achieve my bachelor’s and then marry and have children. Now while I do want children of my own someday, I cannot see myself in any other field or level of education. While events have led me here in life, I don’t know that I would have taken the same path as my mother. Raising four children is certainly no easy matter for an 18-year-old womyn. I do admire her for her choices and decisions she has made and I will certainly be there the day that she walks across the stage, wide grin and all, to receive her degree.

"And for all those other people who fail to read thoroughly, women can be spelled multiple ways (if you’re a hater who didn’t know this, you should read up on your history books and educate your impulsive self) such as the one we see as womyn. When women is spelled as womyn, it is oftentimes related to those who know themselves as feminists or women who don’t see the necessity of man or men as a means of living and cope-ability.s the one we see as womyn. When women is spelled womyn, it oftentimes is in relation to those who know themselves as feminists or women who don’t see the necessity of man or men as a means of living and cope-ability."s the one we see as womyn. When women is spelled womyn, it oftentimes is in relation to those who know themselves as feminists or women who don’t see the necessity of man or men as a means of living and cope-ability."

No comments:

Post a Comment