Monday, August 30, 2010

E-Mail Etiquette

In your e-mails to me, I ask that you explain why you are e-mailing me in the box indicated "Subject." When you e-mail me, the professor, I ask that you use appropriate speech. This is a composition course, I will not refer to emails with no indication of clear grammar and punctuation (e.g. if you send me an email like the one listed below, I will respond by asking you to clarify in proper discourse. Tech-speak will not be acknowledged.)

To: Amy Chastain
From: John Doe
Subject: Blog

do you need the email address for my blog Im not sure what you need its johndoe@gmail.com thats the only thing i see

The appropriate way to send an email to me, the professor, is listed below.

To: Amy Chastain
From: John Doe
Subject: Blog

Hi Ms. Chastain,
I am a student in your English 100 course. I have a question in response to my blog. Do you need the email address for my blog. I am not certain what you need.

Thank you,
John Doe


No comments:

Post a Comment